Saturday, May 21, 2011

He Stayed on the Cross



They nailed the hands of Jesus to the Cross
And pierced His feet to hold Him to the tree.
My heart cries out, “Why would the Son of God stay hanging there
And die disgraced in pain and agony?”
The soldiers scoffed, “Come down if You’re the Christ.
If You be God, Then prove Your word is true.”
Though tempted thus, He stayed upon that cruel
Cross and prayed,
“Forgive them, Lord they know not what they do.”
 It was His love for you and me, and not the nails,
That held the Savior on that awful, cruel tree.
It was His love, and not the nails, that kept Him there.
Though challenged, too, by jeering crowds,
He stayed and won the victory!
He stayed and conquered death and hell
For you and me on Calvary!


—Eugene L. Clark 


Author of the famous song 


"Nothing is Impossible"


Through You,
I can do anything,
I can do all things,
'Cause it's You who give(s) me strength,
Nothing is impossible
Through You,
Blind eyes are opened,
Strongholds are broken,
I am living by faith,
Nothing is impossible!

I'm not gonna live by what I see,
I'm not gonna live by what I feel

Deep down I,
Know that You're here with me
I know that, You can do anything

I believe, I believe,
I believe, I believe in You



Listen the YouTube Video

Share


Source:
Confident Living Magazine, A Back to the Bible Publication.


Free Web Counters
Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment